1930 - 1953
J47a, J47b, J47e, J47G
J47a/1, J47b/1, J47c/1,
F.W.S 1942 page 17
50 x 65 mm
/1 indicates the seperate escapement bridge which
was most probably introduced 1938. All of them had
the new click spring which was introduced 1934 and
indicated on the older J47 with a "G".
J47a - 7 jewels, marked only with J47
J47b - 15 jewels, marked only with J47
J47G - new click spring, 7 or 15 jewels, some with second stop
J47a/1 - 7 jewels
J47b/1 - 15 jewels some with second stop
J47c/1 - 15 jewels, second stop
J47d/1 - 15 jewels, second stop, cut compensating balance
J47e/1 - 15 jewels, flat hairspring, without second, for blind people watches basically with the second wheel pinion shortened for use in the pocket watches with touch dials.
The J47b/1 was sold to Zentra and is called Zentra 62 or Zentra 627, also sold to Alpina and called Alpina 211.
According to a letter from Friedrich Emmel to Mr. v. Zeppelin, 28. April 1958, the construction of a new pocket watch with a quality between J38 and J41/J42 was ordered in 1928. Result was the J47, J48 and J49 which could be delivered 1930.
J47 (b) #659
J47a/1 rear side
J47a/1 movement side